Hello Swimmers and Parents,
We hope this email finds you all well and enjoying this beautiful (if hot) summer weather. We wanted to touch base with you today regarding our phased reopening two weeks ago. All three of our locations are now open for private and semi-private classes and our first two weeks have been fantastic! The swimmers, parents and coaches are loving the small ratios (in many cases swimmers often have the entire facilities to themselves!) along with the forty minute classes, and the very focused and personal teaching. We are now allowing (encouraging) swimmers to get tested not on their ninth class but as early as their fourth class and the progression in this type of setting has been so remarkable.
Although Toronto has now been given the green light to enter phase three nothing will change at Olympian swimming in the coming weeks. That means we will continue to run these very small classes with no more than three swimmers in the big pool at Warden and Bullock and no more than one swimmer in the small pool (unless you are from the same household).
If you have not returned to swimming yet or feel nervous we encourage you to visit our Instagram: olymswim7 for photos and videos showing our reimagined spaces, primacy on physical distancing and really-terrific teaching. While all of us are desperately hoping for a return to normalcy, this is actually a great opportunity for the swimmers to develop their skills, confidence, technique and endurance in the water.
We take the recommendations of Health Canada very seriously and believe that physical distancing is effective in halting the spread of COVID19. As a result, we have made fundamental changes to our facilities and of course our scheduling, in order to provide a safe, controlled swimming environment for you and your children (more on our many protocols to follow below).
How will swim lessons now be structured?
- LEARN TO SWIM:
- Private (1:1 ratio) & Semi-private (2:1 ratio) lessons only
will be offered for the months of July and August
- $60 per class, 40 minutes in duration-private
- $40 per class, 40 minutes in duration semi-private
- Private (1:1 ratio) & Semi-private (2:1 ratio) lessons only
NOTE: Level 1-3 swimmers will be offered private lessons only, however if children are in the same household, semi-private will be offered.
- Olympic Way: Lessons will run with a maximum 4 swimmers shared between 2 lanes Therefore 2 swimmers per lane swimming in a box , one swimmer at each corner (deep end/shallow end )
We will initially offer Learn To Swim classes Monday-Friday from 1:00-8:30pm, and the weekends 9:00-5:00, and our OW classes will run Saturday and Sunday 6:00-9:00pm
If you are an existing customer, you will be able to convert your existing credits (and any upcoming group lessons should you wish) to a 40 min private or semi private lesson (level 4-12), or semi private OW (2 per lane) space permitting. New customers will be able to purchase these classes directly.
The learn to swim will only have 1 swimmer per lane with a 5 minute gap between the start and end of every class to maximize physical distancing. (OW- 2 per lane)
So just to clarify—we are taking only 5-6 swimmers in the whole facility at one time!!!
***All July/Aug group lessons will be cancelled and listed as credits on your on-line customer account.
How do I convert my credits?
1) Log in to your customer account
2) At the top of your schedule, you will see your listed credits on file, click here
3) Select either Private or Semi Private
4) Select how many credits you would like to convert
5) These new private/semi private credits will now appear at the top of your schedule (where you began)
6) Click on the new credits you would like to reschedule
7) Follow the prompts
**If you would like to convert any scheduled classes that you have in the future, you must first select the classes and place them on hold/credit. They will now appear as credits at the top of your scheduled you follow the same steps listed above.
Please note that we are not able to issue refunds, the financial toll this crisis has placed on Olympian Swimming with regards to maintaining our pools and the associated fixed costs has been overwhelming as you can imagine. However, classes can be placed on hold (no expiry date) and rescheduled when it is safe to resume group lessons (when Health Canada deems it safe) or when you feel comfortable to return. You will not lose a single class.
We encourage you to watch our newly posted video on instagram for a walkthrough of our Bullock & Midland locations (warden coming soon)
How will Olympian Swimming keep you safe?
**We know from the CDC and other public health agencies that the virus cannot live in chlorine. The pool is therefore our safest area, which is great news, and we will ensure (as we always do) that our pools are properly chlorinated, and chemically balanced
What other measures have we implemented?
- Reduced ratio classes (private & semi private only)
- Staff will have a Health Symptoms Check
- We kindly ask that everyone entering the facility complete the Health Symptoms Checklist
- Staff and Students will arrive and depart in their uniforms and/or swimsuits so as to limit common area usage and traffic
- All staff will wear safety masks that cover their mouth and nose and coaches will teach in plastic visors
- We kindly ask that you and your child (over the age of 2) wear masks in and out of the school. Your child may take it off for the lessons.
- Maintain a safe 6-foot distance from anyone not in your immediate family while in the swim school (we have provided seating throughout our facilities which meet all physical distancing requirements—seee videos)
- Please for now have only 1 parent or caregiver accompany your children to lessons to help us reduce the number of people in the building and assist with social distancing
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your class time
- Instructors will be provided with a plastic face shield to be worn at all times during lessons
- Instructors will ensure a safe distance between students on the wall and throughout the lane during lessons
- While we love having families enjoy our beautiful facilities, we kindly ask that you leave the facility as soon as your lessons are over
- Staff and families are encouraged to use restroom facilities prior to entering the building however, restroom facilities are available for use if necessary
- The locker room, changing rooms and showers will be closed during the first phase of reopening
- All door handles and common surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day
- The facility will be professionally cleaned and disinfected nightly
- The pool deck will be cleaned and disinfected nightly
- Pool chemicals will be monitored every two hours to ensure that chlorine levels are maintained
- In house cleaning staff will be singularly focused on surface cleaning during operational hours
- Increased Hand sanitation stations throughout the facilities
- Unlimited makeups (stay home if you are sick, follow self evaluation guidelines)
- Increased seating area options for the parents that will be clearly marked and designated
- Removal of high contact items where possible (doors, tables, interactive game, blow dryers etc)
- Addition of on-deck rinse showers (see video)
What can you do to help when we reopen?
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and/or utilize our hand sanitizer stations
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Cover your cough.
4. Stay at home if you feel unwell, follow self-evaluation guidelines (unlimited makeups)
5. Limit the number of people in your family coming to watch the swim lesson
6. Wear your swim suit to the pool
7. Shower at home following your swim lesson
We have created a very safe environment for your family and kids so that they can continue swimming and we hope you will take advantage of our reimagined space and programs. We believe this opportunity to swim is vitally important to both your child’s physical and mental health. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back to Olympian Swimming where we will provide top quality lessons in a fun and safe environment! And, while this schedule is temporary we believe the benefit of one on one coaching or two on one coaching will benefit the development and swim competence of all of our athletes!!
We look forward to welcoming you back shortly!!!
Gary & Shauna